Hello Mai, to me, being a "better traveller" is to be a conscious and open-minded traveller. This includes things like:
- Taking the effort to research on cultural/social norms in the country, especially if visiting indigenous countries! - ignorance is not an excuse!
- Questioning everything you see/experience - Is it a sustainable practice? How much do they earn? Is that the average wage?
- Be a gracious visitor by treating everyone kindly & equally! No one, especially not the locals, owes you anything
- Go beyond just taking an insta-worthy shot of cultural places of interests (e.g temples), and sign up for an audio tour, or read all the signages everywhere! Did you really learn anything if you leave a place of attraction without any new knowledge?
- When picking souvenirs, buy something that's locally produced and one-of-a-kind (#supportlocal!) instead of the mass produced bags of identical souvenirs
I'm sure there are so many more, can't wait to hear the different interpretations!