Imagine you are experiencing symptoms of fatigue, low mood, insomnia and irritability - how do you decide if this is something serious?

• [Conversation starter] Imagine you are experiencing symptoms of fatigue, low mood, insomnia and irritability - how do you decide if this is something serious?

• @Sharon-Lok thanks for the great tip on using apps! Aside from the period tracker, one of the apps we've come across is Dailyo, which lets us to rate our moods daily and record our activities. Pretty useful for people who prefer a more pictorial way of recording their moods! There's also Mood Panda which is similar but has a social function to it - it lets users publish their struggles publicly and receive "hugs" from those in the same thread/channel. If a person is not into apps, journaling and writing are also good ways to becoming more aware of their emotions. Simple things such as listing their symptoms as bullet points, or laying them out in a table really goes a long way in tangibly monitoring their moods across a period (or periods) of time.

• Community Admin

@thetapestryproject-sg I think tracking one's symptoms is super important! E.g. frequency of symptoms, intensity of symptoms, etc. There're apps that you can download (any recommendation? I'm using the notes function in my period tracker) Sometimes there're external factors causing the mentioned symptoms - e.g. work stress, etc. In that case, the symptoms *could* be temporary.