Have questions on Mental Health? You can ask them in this forum, share personal experiences, or suggest how to help people living with mental health conditions to navigate their way to recovery.

Loneliness

• How can one... Should deal with himself...If the people didn't want to talk to him...&He/She feels himself the loneliest person in the world...!!????

• @Warmanadarsh2504 It sounds like you're going through a tough time finding someone to hear you out. We're sorry that you're going through this right now... Loneliness can be a crippling and overwhelming emotional state to be in. We can't specifically advise you on how to improve your relationship with your friends or family, but there are others who are willing to talk with you through these difficult times. Perhaps consider speaking with a counsellor? There are a number of mental health helplines which @maitatoy has provided. Some of them are free. You're never alone, and help is available. You can even remain anonymous for some of these services. We hope you'll feel better after speaking to someone who is trained and who would also talk to you without judging. Sometimes loneliness can be our friend. It allows us to be still in this noisy world, and from that we develop greater strength and resilience. 🙂

• Community Admin

@Warmanadarsh2504 Hi, thank you for asking this question. I can't speak for everyone, but for me, when I was going through a rough time in my life and I felt I had no one to talk to among my family and friends, I sought the help of a professional. I was fortunate enough to work for a company that time that offered this service to their employees. We were allotted six sessions with a mental health professional. This helped me acknowledge what I was going through. There are also hotlines you can call right now. You can find them here: https://www.ourbetterworld.org/story/hotlines-help