asking after someone: when does it get too much?

• With friends who are going through mental health issues, I always wonder if I overdo it or trigger anything if I ask how they are doing too frequently. Is this a legitimate concern or is it better to ask than to not ask?

• Consolidated input OBW x Tapestry Consolidated input OBW x Tapestry 100% 10 Definitely a legitimate concern! It's good that you are sensitive to your friends' needs. We believe that talking openly and being sensitive go hand-in-hand when checking in on your loved ones. If you're afraid of triggering them, or that your questions might seem intrusive, then encourage your friends to be honest with you. Accepting a simple "I don't feel like talking about it" can go a long way in building safe and respectful relationships. Don't be disheartened if they turn you down or ignore you when you check in on them, just accept and respect their answer - by checking in on them, they already know you care! Screen reader support enabled. Definitely a legitimate concern! It's good that you are sensitive to your friends' needs. We believe that talking openly and being sensitive go hand-in-hand when checking in on your loved ones. If you're afraid of triggering them, or that your questions might seem intrusive, then encourage your friends to be honest with you. Accepting a simple "I don't feel like talking about it" can go a long way in building safe and respectful relationships. Don't be disheartened if they turn you down or ignore you when you check in on them, just accept and respect their answer - by checking in on them, they already know you care!